3 Tips To Sell a House Quick
If you are planning on selling your home, you’ll need to get it prepared for the market. However, there are some things you should do that are more important than others. By simply setting aside a few days of work and following these three simple tips, you will be able to sell a house quick.
Tip #1: Clean and Get Rid of Clutter
Having your home in clean condition before selling is super important. In fact, your home should be so clean that it feels like a fine hotel. Here are some things to consider as you clean so that you can sell a house quick:
- Remove the clutter from all areas before beginning to clean. Piles and unnecessary items make a house look crowded and dirty. Donate items you will no longer need, sell them on a social media site, or pack them away into a rented storage unit. When decluttering, keep in mind that the goal is to make things appear bigger and more open.
- Clean from top to bottom. Think of this as a spring cleaning. Be sure to thoroughly clean kitchens and bathrooms, but don’t forget items such as baseboards, blinds, windows, and even fireplaces. Although it is possible to do this yourself, hiring a professional is often advised.
- Be sure to organize everything that is left. This includes cabinets, closets, and drawers. Even though the home buyer is not buying your things, they are buying your space. You want them to see the space the home has in the best light possible. If your storage areas are too full, the house will feel like there is not enough storage space, and this will keep buyers from making an offer.
Tip #2: Repairs Needed To Sell a House Quick
Buyers want to see a house that has those pesky little repairs already fixed. Here are things to look for in your house before you show it to your first potential buyer:
- Leaky faucets
- Running toilets
- Dirty, old, or cracked caulking in the kitchen or bathroom
- Dirty, stained, or cracked grout between tiles
- Walls that need painting – any wall that is dirty or painted in a bold color should be repainted using neutral tones
- Cracked or broken windows
- Ripped screens
- Burned out lightbulbs
Tip #3: Think About Your Curb Appeal
The outside of your home is the first thing a potential buyer sees. Studies have shown that you have 3 to 8 seconds to make a good first impression. That is why it is so important that your home’s exterior is pleasing to the eye.
Here are some things you can do to help create the right curb appeal in order to sell a house quick:
- Trim the foliage around your home including bushes and trees.
- Make repairs to and clean out your gutters
- Add new ground cover to garden areas around your home.
- Clean driveways and sidewalks. Be sure to remove stains and eliminate weeds growing in any cracks.
- Add some color by adding flowering plants. You can plant them in flowerbeds or place potted plants strategically throughout the yard.
- Add a new welcome mat.
- Make sure your house numbers are easy to see.
- If needed, paint your front door to look fresh
By following these three tips, you are on your way to sell a house quick. For more tips on getting your home ready for the market, give us a call.